The value of strategic tax planning and efficiency is integral to financial planning. After all, money saved through astute tax planning can represent an investment return equal to your marginal tax rate. It is difficult to cite a risk-adjusted investment return that even comes close to the value of tax deferral or reduction. Yet, few wealth management firms incorporate tax strategy and planning into their services. We do.
At Parkside Advisors, we design your investment portfolios with securities that suit your tax profile and throughout the year we look to identify opportunities to reduce your current and future taxes, including:
- Developing short and long term strategies to efficiently manage your stock option, RSU, 10b5-1 equity and related plans
- Maximizing tax-deferred retirement plans through various business, consulting and other income streams where possible
- Considering actions throughout the year based on market conditions and your circumstances, such as capital tax-loss harvesting and Roth IRA conversions
- Optimizing your charitable donations with appreciated securities, donor-advised funds or charitable trusts
- Advising you on the best method for meeting your tax obligations, through quarterly payments and payroll withholding
- Reviewing your past tax returns during the financial planning process to identify incremental opportunities
Our tax planning strategists goal is to add value for clients through tax planning and efficiency-- enhancing the work and efforts of your tax accountant on your behalf.